Centerport is a census-designated place in Suffolk County, New York. It is on the affluent North Shore of Long Island. In the past, the community was known as the Gold Coast. There are several places to visit and eat in Centerport.
Jimmy’s Pizza is an Italian restaurant located in Centerport, New York. Established in 1980, the restaurant specializes in classic pizza and Italian dishes. Its mission is to provide a high-quality, delicious pizza experience for customers. Customers can choose from the wide variety of toppings and flavors on their pizzas. Jimmy’s is a great place to get a bite to eat when you’re looking for a cheap but tasty pizza.
Jimmy’s Pizza offers gluten-free and low-fat pizza options. It can accommodate large groups and offers take-out and curbside pickup. Parking is available. During business hours, this location also accepts NFC mobile payments. Jimmy’s Pizza provides delivery and take-out services.
Eatons Neck Lighthouse
The Eatons Neck Lighthouse in Centerport has been providing a valuable navigational aid to mariners for over two centuries. It is one of only two lighthouses from the eighteenth century still standing in New York State. The other lighthouse is at Montauk Point.
The Eatons Neck Lighthouse is the oldest lighthouse in New York State. Built in 1798, it was designed by John McComb, Jr. The structure stands nearly three hundred feet above high water. The lighthouse was originally painted black with white stripes but was converted to white in 1854. It is made of hammer-dressed stone.
The lighthouse was first commissioned in 1798 by John Squire, who donated 10 acres of land to the United States government for it. He also gave the lighthouse to his three daughters. One of his daughters, Ellen, married a Reverend Noah Hobart. After his father’s death, John H. Gardiner was appointed lighthouse keeper.
Before the establishment of the American Revolution, the Eatons Neck was home to Matinnecock Indians. Later, John Eaton purchased the land from the Matinnecocks and established a small settlement on the peninsula. In 1798, John Gardiner maintained an oil lamp on the lighthouse’s pole. The government then purchased ten acres of land and hired the first keeper.
The Eatons Neck Lighthouse is a popular destination for sailors. The area is over half a mile long, and is a popular anchorage site. The area is well-sheltered from fog and is well-stocked with moorings. The area is also home to an asphalt launching ramp.
The Eatons Neck Lighthouse is also a popular tourist destination. Its historical significance has been documented in a pamphlet by Mary Voyse in 1956. The book reveals the rich history of the Eatons Neck, as well as the lives of the people who lived there until the 1950s. It has also been featured in the Food Network’s BBQ with Bobby Flay.
The Eatons Neck Lighthouse has undergone major renovations. It now features iron steps and windows. The keeper’s quarters were also renovated.
Sagamore Hill was the home of Theodore Roosevelt, the 26th president of the United States. The historic site is located in the northern part of Long Island, near Oyster Bay. It is about 25 miles east of Manhattan. It is well worth a visit if you’re in the neighborhood or are planning a trip.
Sagamore Hill is a national historic site. This historic site is managed by the U.S. National Parks Service, and is listed on the National Historic Places registry. It hosts annual events and educational programs. For Independence Day, the park hosts a free event with actors who mimic former presidents. In addition to Sagamore Hill, you can visit the nearby Oheka Castle, which is on the highest point of Long Island. It is an elegant structure with beautiful gardens designed by Frederick Law Olmsted. It has served as the location for numerous weddings.
Sagamore Hill was Theodore Roosevelt’s home from 1885 until his death in 1919. It was the site of many important historical events during his presidency. It was also the site of countless international meetings, including the talks to end the Russian-Japanese War. It is situated on 95 acres of forest, bay beach, and tidal salt marshes. The site features 23 rooms that were once home to the Roosevelt family.
While visiting the Sagamore Hill estate, be sure to dress appropriately. Some estate tours require business casual attire. Many of these tours require reservations, so it’s best to call ahead. It is also a good idea to bring cash, as some historic groups may not accept credit cards.